Our Mad Hatter of Batter has called for a contest … And so, we will have one..!! The Hatter wants to see how creative you can be with his favorite thing – a Hat.
The “Mad About Hats” Challenge* – The bottle said “Drink Me” and when Alice did, she shrank to only ten inches tall – challenging to be sure. But, YOUR challenge will be to decorate a Hatter’s Top Hat that’s only EIGHT (8) inches tall..! All competitors in this challenge will have to decorate the same, very specific hat. How will you make YOURS stand out from the others? Well now, THAT’S the challenge!
1. You must decorate a Mad Hatter’s Hat. The hat must conform to these dimensions:
You may display your hat as you like.However, the base of your display can be no larger than 16”x16”and the entire display from the table to the top of the highest element on your display can be no taller than 16” .
2. Your hat can be a dummy, rice treats or real cake. However, you must show at least two (2) progress pictures if you use real cake or rice treats, to reveal your sculpting ability to the judges.
3. All decorations on your hat must be edible, with the exception of floral wire. Inedible elements on the total display should be kept to a minimum.
4. Hats may be decorated in any style. (Victorian, Steampunk, whimsy, etc.)
5. All other aspects of your display must adhere to the regular Sugar Art Gallery display rules. Displays must be brought to the gallery during regularly scheduled set-up times, beginning on Wednesday, July 25th at 3:00pm and must remain in the Sugar Art gallery until the end of the show at 5:00pm on Sunday, July 29th.
6. Judging will begin on Friday, July 27th, and winners will be announced on Saturday morning, in time for public viewing.
7. There is no fee to enter this contest. However, all entries must be pre-registered, to ensure space. To register your entry, please use the Sugar Art Gallery registration form. There will be a section on the form for this purpose. No entry will be received after 5:00pm on Thursday, July 26th.
For questions or further information, please email email@example.com.