- This is a sharing Show, not a contest. There will be no judging. There is no fee to enter a cake or other display in the Show.
- After registration, all entries must be set up for display in the Cake Room on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 between 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. or Thursday, July 26, 2018 between 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. NO entries will be accepted early. Late entries will be placed on a sharing table.
- All Sugar Art display numbered stickers will be placed on the back of the Sugar Art display piece before taking to the photo studio. The numbered sticker may be placed on the back of the cake stand, plate, or border of the Sugar Art display if the base board is covered in a sugar medium. You will not be allowed to place the numbered stickers on the front or sides of the Sugar Art displays.
- Either real cake or dummies may be used. However, dummies must be of a design that can be duplicated in an edible medium excluding accent pieces, such as ribbon and plastic columns and plates.
- Photographs of cakes will be allowed in cake room only when accompanied by an actual display piece relating to said photograph – no Century Club tickets will be issued for photographs, only for actual display – photographs must be in self-standing frame, maximum 8” x 10” – show has the right to refuse any photograph that does not meet above standards, does not have space available or they deem it not appropriate.
- Electricity will NOT be provided in the Cake Room for cake displays. Anyone requiring electricity will have to personally contact our Cake Room Committee. A fee will be charged for electricity use.
- A Photo/Video/CD/DVD Release form and Display Description must accompany any entry(ies) sent or brought to the Show, or entry(ies) will not be displayed. Any photographs of the displays at the 2018 International Cake Exploration Societé Convention & Show may not be reproduced for anything other than personal use without permission of the entrant.
- The Show Committee reserves the right to remove any entry it considers to be in poor taste.
- This show is open to all sugar artists who want to share their art with others.
- The Show Committee and ICES will assume no responsibility for damage to entries or for personal items of any nature, lost or stolen at the ICES Convention and Show
- All entries must be picked up after the show between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, July 29, 2018. NO ENTRIES MAY BE PICKED UP PRIOR TO THIS TIME. Entries left after this time will be disposed of if no other arrangements have been made for them.
- Only Sugar Art Displays, which are pre-registered and postmarked by date, July 14, 2018, will be placed by state/area/province/country. Display registrations after that date or on-site will be on a first-come, first-served basis at the Show Committee’s discretion.
- Only persons who are setting up Sugar Displays will be allowed in the Cake Room during set-up times. Those not setting up or assisting in the set-up of a Sugar Display will be escorted from the room.
- No advertising of books, business cards, placards and no additional signage or advertising of any kind will be allowed in the Cake Room.
- Each person bringing a display for the cake room, meeting the cake display guidelines, will be given a Cake Display pin or Cake Display year bar.
- To be eligible for the Century Club drawings, entries must be secured on at least a 6″ display board. Each eligible entry will receive one chance for the Century Club drawing, UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 10 CHANCES PER PERSON. A tiered cake will receive one chance for each tier that is on at least a 6″ board. Each completed demonstrator’s, hands on class and certification display will be eligible for the Century Club drawing, provided it meets all other requirements. Late entries will not be eligible for the Century Club drawing. Ticket holders must be present at the time tickets are drawn in order to receive the drawn prize(s). Late entries will not be eligible for the Century Club Drawing.
Don't Miss This Event!